SketchUp 2019, released in February 2019, introduced some exciting and valuable new features / capabilities. See a brief overview of these features below and links to independent reviews and forum feedback!
Once SketchUp releases their annual update, extension developers typically release new versions to ensure compatibility. The Render Plus Software SketchUp extensions (IRender nXt, ArielVision, Allura) are all compatible with SketchUp 2019 and are also now available as “2019” versions.
What’s New in Render Plus Software 2019 Versions?
SketchUp Rendering Extensions
Render Plus 2019 version SketchUp extensions include new features, bug fixes, and system improvements, including:
- Support for SketchUp 2019 – Compatibility with SketchUp’s new release (IRender nXt, 3D Design, ArielVision, Allura)
- Improved Animation Interface – Redesigned the Animations dialog making it easier to create animations (IRender nXt, 3D Design)
- Animation Save File Types – Added MP4, OVG and WEBM files types for saving animations (IRender nXt, 3D Design)
- New Cloud Rendering Service – Added a Cloud Rendering Service enabling users to buy tokens and render remotely. Great for when you’re overloaded and need additional machine capacity (IRender nXt, 3D Design)
- Light Balancer Controls on Rendering Dialog – The Light Balancer controls are now also accessible in the rendering dialog (IRender nXt, 3D Design, ArielVision)
- Grass/Carpet Maker – We’ve made it much easier to create and apply grass or carpet with the new Grass/Carpet Maker Wizard (IRender nXt, 3D Design)
- Improved Lamp Edit/Query – The Lamp Edit/Query dialog has been improved to make it easier for you to edit lamp parameters (IRender nXt, 3D Design, ArielVision)
- New dpi Setting – Added a dpi selection capability to help users quickly identify the size at which they can output images based on dpi (IRender nXt, 3D Design, ArielVision, Allura)
Render Plus License Status – How to determine if you need to renew
Depending on the status of your Render Plus SketchUp renderer license, active license holders (purchased or renewed during or after February 2018) of IRender nXt, ArielVision, or Allura can immediately download and install the latest version of the software to benefit from the compatibility with SketchUp 2019 without having to renew their license. Licenses purchased prior to February 2018 (check your license status) will need to be renewed to work with SketchUp 2019 and to access the great new features listed above.
What’s New in SketchUp 2019?
Here’s our quick rundown of what’s new in SketchUp 2019 – for full insight into the release connect to SketchUp’s release blog https://blog.sketchup.com/article/a-whole-new-way-to-sketchup
- Layers now have dashed lines that allow you to simplify your drawings.
- The Tape Measure tool lets you see measurement information where you’re modeling.
- Single account sign-in ties everything in the SketchUp universe together (Pro 2019 Desktop)
- Subscription service includes access to the XR Viewer; AR Viewing on iOS and Android mobile devices; SketchUp Viewer for AR/VR; Access to Virtual Reality headsets
- Trimble Connect provides unlimited projects and storage on for SketchUp subscribers; BIM workflows, document management and cloud collaboration; back-up, version control, and sharing of SketchUp files.
- LayOut now lets you know which files are already open so you’re not creating multiple versions.
- Improvements to the .dwg import and export feature in both SketchUp and LayOut
- Improved handshake between SketchUp and LayOut.
- Added a ‘live preview’ for image exports (SketchUp for Web)
- Added style editing (in Shop, Pro and Studio subscriptions).
- SketchUp learning hub – includes SketchUp built courses (in 104 languages).
- 3D Warehouse – Now filter by Category to find exactly what you’re looking for.
- Sefaira (performance-based design) – Now available as a subscription through SketchUp Studio.
SketchUp 2019 Reviews and Resources
Checkout SketchUp’s Blog on the SketchUp 2019 release https://blog.sketchup.com/article/a-whole-new-way-to-sketchup and then user feedback on SketchUp 2019 on the SketchUp community forum https://forums.sketchup.com/t/sketchup-in-2019-where-great-ideas-get-to-work/87199
Checkout the following independent YouTube videos on what’s new in SketchUp 2019
- TheSketchUpEssentials – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izKoxSyDZco
- MasterSketchUp’s – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_8grQqlbm4
Now that SketchUp 2019 is out you might want to reflect on what was being requested for inclusion prior to the release. Maybe those requests that didn’t make the cut this time will make it into SketchUp 2020?
- SketchUp 2019 Feature Requests – Feature Requests – The SketchUp Wish List (SketchUp’s Community Forum)
- TheSketchUpEssentials – My SketchUp 2019 Feature Wish List! – What’s on Yours? (YouTube)